I had so much fun getting creative making these guys! By baking up a delicious batch of Boutique Bake Oat & Seed Energy Bars, simply dipping a sliced bar into your favourite chocolate and sprinkle with your preferred topping, you wont believe what you can do to take your bars to the next level! These energy bars are ideal to have with a green tea. They would also make a lovely present, parcelled up in a simple box with a lovely ribbon!
I used a mixture of dark and white chocolate, but feel free to use your favourite. I also used goji berries, chopped pistachios and hazelnuts, to add some texture and a really gorgeous colour!
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Pour your mix into a large mixing bowl.
3. Mash up/blend your bananas until they form a fine paste, without lumps!
4. Melt your coconut oil, add into the banana paste and mix well.
5. Pour the coconut oil and banana mix into the oat and seed mix, and stir really well with a fork.
6. Pour the mixture into a well-greased/lined baking tin and press down well with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then slice into 16 squares!
9. Melt your chocolate in the microwave for approx. 1 minute in separate bowls. Make sure to keep an eye on the chocolate, and stir halfway through, as it tends to burn easily when melting!
10. When the chocolate is fully melted, dip half of your Boutique Bake Energy bar into the chocolate making sure to cover both sides of the bar and place back on the parchment.
11. This is where you get to get creative! Sprinkle with dried fruits and chopped nuts as desired!
12. Allow the chocolate to set and cool completely. Serve and Enjoy!!!