Note: do not be tempted to touch the mixture, as it will be extremely hot!
5. Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the bicarbonate of soda
6. Give it a quick stir and pour into your prepared dish
7. Place aside to cool and set, this will take about 45 minutes
8. To make the chocolate coating, melt your chocolate in a microwave or sit over a pan of barely simmering water
9. Remove the chocolate from the heat once melted
10. Now it’s time to bash up your honeycomb! Remove the honeycomb slab from the dish and peel off the greaseproof paper, then use a wooden spoon to create a variety of different sized chunks
11. Finally, dip the honeycomb in the melted chocolate and dip in the chopped nuts, as desired. It’s quite nice to leave some pieces with just chocolate and coat others with the nut topping.
12. These honeycomb sweets look gorgeous in a glass kilner jar with a ribbon tied around the lid!
13. Hope you enjoy!
For a step-by-step video check out the below: