Make this Halloween ‘spooktacular’ with Boutique Bake’s Ghostly Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes. This incredibly simple recipe will satisfy the sweet tooth of your little monsters and is sure to be a haunting hit with trick-or- treaters or party guests. With the addition of some simple ingredients you can transform our Lemon Drizzle Mixture into a scarily good Halloween treat. Try them…if you dare!
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat your Boutique Bake Lemon Drizzle Cake Mix with butter and eggs.
3. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for approx. 18 minutes until a skewer
inserted into the cupcakes comes away clean.
4. When you remove them from the oven, combine the drizzle mix provided with the juice of
5. Prick your warm cupcakes all over and pour the drizzle over them.
6. Meanwhile, place the egg whites into a clean bowl, and using an electric mixer, whisk until
stiff peaks form, then whisk in your sugar, a little at a time.
7. Keep whisking until the mixture looks glossy and has thickened. It will look a bit like shaving
8. Spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a circle/round shaped nozzle, if you don’t have an
icing bag, use a freezer bag and snip off the end to pipe.
9. Pipe a dollop of meringue on top of each cupcake, pull the nozzle away sharply to create a
‘ghostly’ peak shape from your meringue.
10. Place meringue cupcakes in the oven and turn down the oven to 100°C. Leave to cook
through but don’t allow to brown!
11. Leave in the oven for approx. 30 minutes. Remove and allow cool.
12. Once cooled, use your black food colouring do draw a ghostly face on your meringues!
Enjoy and Happy Halloween from Boutique Bake!